Schedule analytics reports
You can schedule analytics reports to be delivered to you or your team on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis so that they automatically arrive in your inbox. This helps your team and any other stakeholders keep tabs on your productivity and metrics so that you can quickly address issues or identify improvements.
How it works
The scheduled analytics reports has these main features:
- Create a scheduled report for any saved view you have, which will arrive in your inbox.
- Recipients of the report can be any internal Front teammates or external email addresses.
- Choose from the frequency of daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Select multiple report types to include in this scheduled email.
Schedule a report
Click the 3 dots on the top right of the pinned view, and select Schedule report.
Fill out the fields of the scheduled report:
- Recipients: Add email addresses of any internal or external recipients you'd like to send the report to. Front will automatically populate your contacts as you start typing. If the email address isn't in your contacts, simply type the address and a comma or colon to enter the address.
- Subject: This will be the subject line of the email that is delivered to recipients, and Front will automatically append the date range of the report to the subject.
- Message: Compose an optional message to include in the body of the report. This could be a summary of the report, metrics you'd like to emphasize, or any other details.
- Reports to include: Select all the reports you'd like to include in this email.
- Frequency: Choose from a daily, weekly, or monthly cadence. See FAQ below for more details.
Click Schedule to save this scheduled report. All the recipients will automatically receive a copy of this report at your chosen frequency. The scheduled report email you receive in your inbox will contain CSV attachments of the raw data from each of the individual tables in the report, as well as the visual reports in the email body of the data. Within each section of the email, you can click See details to be taken to the analytics dashboard in Front for the corresponding section; but if recipients do not have access to Front, they will see the Front login page.
Edit a report
Pin or open the view in your analytics dashboard so that you are looking at this view.
Click the 3 dots on the top right of the pinned view, and select Edit scheduled report.
Edit any of the fields on the scheduled report, then click Update. If you want to delete the scheduled report altogether, click the Delete button and it will stop sending this report to all recipients. See the FAQ below on the impact to other teammates.
Will email reports thread together?
No, each report will be a separate email. Furthermore, the subject line will also be slightly different, as it will be appended with the date range of the report.
Can I choose exact time to receive reports?
No, not at this time.
Will my changes impact other subscribers?
Yes. The Schedule Report widget on a team report is a shared UI and will show all the other teammates who are currently receiving this report. If you remove their email from the report, then they will stop receiving the report. If you change the settings for the report, then it will change for all recipients. However, if there is no one listed when you open the scheduling widget, then you will not impact anyone.
When do reports begin sending?
For each frequency option, the first report is sent:
- Daily: First report is sent the following day and includes the preceding day's data.
- Weekly: First report is sent the following Monday and includes the preceding week's data.
- Monthly: First report is sent on the first of the following month and includes the previous month's data.