Custom account fields
Front allows you to add additional custom fields to accounts; such as Revenue, Account Manager, or Account Tier. These account custom fields will then be shown to users in Contact Details and available within rules.
If you're looking to learn about how to upload account custom fields via CSV check out this article.
In Front, go to Settings by clicking the gear icon on the top right of the navigation bar.
Select Custom Fields in the left sidebar.
Select the Accounts tab to manage custom fields for accounts.
Click Add account custom field.
Add a Name and Description for your custom field, then select a data Type. Supported data types:
- Date and time: a date and time for fields such as Deal Closed or Renewal Date
- Inbox: the name of a Front team inbox such as Finance
- Number: a numerical value for fields such as Revenue or Company ID
- Teammate: links to a Front teammate; the value should be the login email address of this Front teammate, useful for adding the teammates that should be involved with this account such as Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, or Project Manager
- Text: a text field such as Account Tier or Location
- Yes or no: Yes or No filters for fields such as Is Paying or Churn Risk
Note that custom fields names are case-sensitive, so a field named Revenue would be distinct from a field named revenue. The capitalization you use in your custom field names must match the capitalization you use when importing accounts with a CSV or through the API.
After you’ve set up your new custom field, click Create.