How to see contact details and communication history
Contact Details makes it easy to see more information about contacts involved in the conversation you're currently viewing. The Contact Details section allows you to view and edit contact information, see recent conversations involving this contact, and manage internal notes related to this contact.
View Contact Details
From a conversation
When viewing any conversation, click to the Contacts Details plugin in the integrations switcher to see the details alongside the conversation.
If you do not see Contact Details in your integration switcher, you can add it by clicking on the + button in the switcher bar, then pinning Contact Details to add it as a favorite.
From Contact Manager
In the Contact Manager, click on the contact to see the details in the panel on the far right.
What you'll find in Contact Details
Contact Details has the four different sections described below. Each section can be expanded and collapsed, and Front will remember the sections you've collapsed so that you can focus on the information most important to you.
The Contact Details header displays:
- The name and profile photo of the contact
- See or add any contact groups for the contact
- An Add to contacts button to add the contact to Company contacts or Private contacts if it hasn't already been added
- Switch Contact dropdown if there are multiple contacts in your conversation thread so you can select which contact you'd like to view details of
Contact information will show all contact fields for this contact such as addresses, phone numbers, Twitter handles, custom fields; and allow you to easily edit and add new properties using the Add information button.
To edit a property, hover on the property and click the pencil icon that appears. To copy the value of a property, hover on the property and click the copy icon.
The Conversations tab shows past conversations with the contact, across all channels you have access to in Front such as email, SMS, Facebook, Twitter, etc. For instance, if Lisa messages your team over text and email, and both her phone number and email are added to her contact record, you will see texts and emails from her here.
Each conversation cell provides helpful information at a glance:
- The inbox the conversation is in
- The teammates involved in the conversation, along with the assignee, if any, which is identified with a blue circle
- Any tags applied to the conversation
- A snooze indicator if the conversation has been snoozed
- An archived indicator if the conversation has been archived
- Time since the last activity in this conversation
When you click on a conversation, it will open in a new window for you to read through all of the messages.
Notes allow you to write down anything you want share with your teammates for context and are a great way to add reminders for yourself later. When you add a new note, you can choose whether to share it with your entire company, a specific team, or keep it private.
Recent Communications indicator
When you're replying to a customer who has other recent conversations in inboxes you have access to, you'll see a banner notifying you about those conversations. You can then click View to see these recent conversations in the Contact details panel.
Below is a quick video explaining the feature: