Customize when conversations bump up
Based on your team's workflows and inbox setup, you may want to customize when conversations bump to the top of the inbox. This is a company-level setting that company admins can control, so it will apply to all shared inboxes for the company. These options will, by default, reopen conversations that were archived, in order to show that their position has changed in the inbox.
The company admin will have access to change the bump settings, which will apply to all shared inboxes. The options and behaviors for when to bump are as follows:
- Replies: bumps to the top when a teammate sends a new outbound reply in the thread, helpful if your team prioritizes replies over internal comments
- Comments: bumps to the top when a teammate comments, helpful if your team uses internal notes in order to take next actions
- Both: bumps when there is new reply or comment
- Never: outbound replies and comments do not change the order of conversations
Note: The last bumped time is not used when sorting searches. Sorting in searches is based on the last activity time.
Click the gear icon on the top right of Front and into the Company settings tab. Then click Preferences under the Company section.
Under Bump and reopen conversations in team inboxes, choose when you want conversations to bump.
Click Save at the top.
Individual workspace behavior
The bump settings do not impact your individual workspace (your individual inboxes, Assigned to me, and Shared with me sections), which have their own default behavior. Conversations will bump on:
- New inbound messages
- You're added as a tracker