How to enable and use the Linear integration
Like other integrations, you need to be an admin in order to enable the Linear integration for the first time, but once enabled it can be used by any teammate.
The Linear integration allows you to link new or existing Linear issues to conversations in Front. Once a Linear issue is linked to a Front conversation, you can easily access it directly from Front. Once a Linear issue is closed, conversations in Front will automatically be reopened so you can easily get back to your customers.
- From the Linear app, navigate to Settings, then Integrations, and then Front.
- On the Front application page, click "Connect" to begin the authentication flow with Front. This will allow Linear to automatically reopen conversations in Front once issues are resolved in Linear.
- From the Front app, navigate to Settings, then Integrations, then Linear.
- Click the toggle to make the Linear plugin available for teammates in Front.
End user steps
- If an admin has enabled the integration in your Front instance, you should see an icon for Linear in the app-switcher in the right sidebar. If you don't see the Linear icon, click the "+" icon and then find the Linear integration to pin it to your app-switcher sidebar.
- Select the Linear icon to open the plugin and log in to your account.
- Once logged in, you can use the plugin to create new Linear issues or attach existing ones to conversations in Front.
- Once an issue is attached, you'll see a Link on the conversation that makes it easy to see which Linear issues are related to a conversation, and open them in Linear to see more details.