Front's Android app
Stay up to date and communicate with your team, even when you don’t have your computer handy! Use the Front Android app to respond to your customers, collaborate with your team, and work happier. The app is optimized for the core mobile use case - reading messages, triaging, and commenting.
To download the Android app, visit frontapp.com/android, or go to the Google Play store.
If you open the navigation panel (click on the three vertical line icon on the top left corner) or click on the settings button ⚙️ to access the mobile app settings. From there, you can set:
- 🔕 Out of office: All notifications will be turned off, and new inbound messages assigned to you will be unassigned
- 🌙 Do not disturb: mutes push notifications
- ⏰ Schedule: mutes notifications between a certain time range, daily
- 🗄 Conversation list: (back button under Advanced) toggle off to have the Android native back button open the menu. Toggle on to have the Android native back button exit the app or open your inboxes
- 🕓 Time formatting: choose your time formatting option: relative ("10 minutes ago") or absolute (exact date). You can adjust the app to show 24-Hour time
- 🌴 Vacation responders: create and adjust your vacation responder settings on the mobile app. You'll need to add an individual inbox in Front in order to use this feature. This setting can be also adjusted on Front's desktop app and web browser version.
- ↔ Swipe actions: Customize the left and right swipe actions on the conversation list cells. You can choose from among these actions: None, Archive, Trash, Mute, Read, Snooze, Star
- ✉️ Quick reply composer: The quick reply composer is a half-screen modal that is shown by default when replying to a message. It optimizes for short, text-only replies. If you’d like the full-screen composer to be presented every time you reply to a message, turn this off.
To choose which push notifications you want to receive on your Android device, you need to use Front on either the desktop app or web browser version.
From there, you can click your avatar in the top left → Settings→ Notifications. You can set Basic Notifications by selecting either All, Smart, or None under the“Mobile” section. You can also set Advanced Notifications for your mobile app. Visit Notification Settings for more information.
The Android app does offer push notification quick actions. You are able to Comment or Archive from your push notifications, so you can easily triage your inbox while you’re on the go.
Mobile vs. Desktop App
The Android app is meant to enable you to read and triage your inbox while you’re on the go. It focuses on workflows that help you to be responsive and productive from your Android device. Improvements are focused on creating more consistency of components across the app, and alignment with the desktop app.
The Android app does not support some advanced features that the desktop app supports, including but not limited to:
- Onboarding for new users
- Full set of personal settings
- Settings for canned responses, signatures, inboxes, or rules
- Full contact manager
- Changing the default send button
- Edit/rename/delete/archive private and team tags
See here for details on mobile reminders.
To change the send button, long-press on the blue "Send" button top right corner of your draft. You'll see the option to select either: Send, Send & Archive, Send Later, or Send & Snooze.
To change the default send button, you'll need to update this setting on Front's desktop app or web browser version. Go to personal settings > preference > Send button > set your default Send button > Save.
For new messages or replies, you can tap on the paperclip icon in the bottom left of your draft to add a file or take a photo from your phone
For comments, you can tap on the plus button (➕ ) on the left side of the comment bar.
- View tags: To view tags in a conversation, tap on any tags listed underneath the Subject of a conversation
- Add tags: tap on the 3 dot overflow menu in the toolbar (top right corner) within a conversation and select 🏷 Tags. Search and click on the tag name to apply the tag to that conversation.
- Remove tags: uncheck the tag under the "added tags" section
At this time, you cannot edit tags on Front's mobile app.
Long press on any conversation, then select (check off ☑️) multiple conversations to take action on. Then tap on the 3 dot overflow menu in the toolbar (top right corner) to choose your multi-select action.
You can perform these actions in bulk: delete (trash), star, subscribe/mute, assign, move to, tag, mark as read/unread, spam, merge
How to obtain a conversation ID
Click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner of a conversation > click into (i) About this conversation > Conversation ID > select Copy ID
Check your Android app version number
Go to your Front Android app settings ( on the top left corner, click on the 3- vertical lines icon > click on ⚙️ next to your avatar to access settings.
On the bottom, you'll see your version number of the Android app. The latest and current version of the Android app can be found under Current Version on the Google Play store here.
If you are not on the latest version of the Android app, please make sure to install the latest update from the Google Play store (or delete and reinstall Front on your mobile device).
[COMING SOON!] Share to Front from 3rd party apps
Tap the share button from any app to see the neat little Front app in the selector pane. Click on the video below to see an example.